Monday, February 27, 2006

Olympic Misery....




I've failed....thought I'd finish the second sock and earn my gold medal, but I didn't get it finished. I chose to spend the last 5 days of the Olympics on a mission trip to Long Beach, Mississippi to help Hurricane victims. I thought I'd have time to knit at night, on the van ride, etc., but every moment was busy and I slept most of the way home. The news media has failed us in showing Katrina victims in Mississippi and even now, 6 months later, folks are STILL living in tents or waiting for their FEMA trailers. We helped Central Baptist Church put a new roof on (insurance company decided NOT to pay...) and delivered household items to folks in FEMA trailers. The Olympic knitting competition was great fun, and I hope to compete again in 2 years.

No comments: